Kono Oto Kamare: Sounds of Life, which wrapped up its first season in June 2019 and landed on our best of Spring 2019 guide, will return this October, Funimation confirms. With 20 volumes in the manga series, written by Amyu, there’s plenty of material fans may see in the upcoming second season.
With Sounds of Life receiving a second season, the Shonen anime will get a new opening. Crunchyroll reports that the new opening, titled “Harmony,” is performed by Shouta Ao, Mio Kanzaki’s Japanese voice actor in the anime. There’s also a new ending, and while it doesn’t have a title, Crunchyroll states that it’s performed by Chika Kudo’s voice actor Yuma Uchida.
Sounds of Life is a slice-of-life anime, following the Tokise high school Koto club’s last member–a sophomore named Takezo Kurata–as he seeks to revitalize the club after the rest of its members graduate. Production company Funimation, where Sounds of Life is streaming, says the story is about how difficult it can be to find harmony, especially “when a delinquent and a prodigy player sign up.” Sounds of Life is available on Hulu as well, so it’s likely the anime’s second season will arrive on the streaming platform.
According to Crunchyroll, Kono Oto Kamare: Sounds of Life’s second season will air at the following times:
- Tokyo MX: every Saturday during the 25:00 time slot beginning on October 05, 2019.
- BS11: every Saturday during the 25:00 time slot beginning on October 05, 2019.
- AT-X: every Monday during the 22:00 time slot beginning on October 07, 2019.
- Tochigi TV: every Monday during the 23:00 time slot beginning on October 07, 2019.
- WOWOW: every Wednesday during the 24:00 time slot beginning on October 09, 2019.
- Hokkaido Television Broadcasting: every Monday during the 25:25 time slot beginning on October 14, 2019.
According to the video above, Sounds of Life Simulcasts on Saturdays at 10:30 AM PT / 12:30 PM CST / 1:30 PM ET / 6:30 PM BST and SimulDubs at 1 PM PT / 3 PM CST / 4 PM ET / 9 PM BST on the anime’s official Funimation page.